Developing key competencies through activity-based, child-directed learning
As well as producing stunning children’s picture books, Page Break is well known for publishing a popular teaching resource called Discovery Time.
Discovery Time is a ninety minute, action-packed, activity-based programme. Held once a week, it provides opportunities for teachers to meet the diverse needs of student through well planned, structured, ‘hands on’ experiences. Students get a chance to take control of their own learning. They are motivated and fully engaged. Best of all, it is fun! “The best part of the whole week”. This primary school resource provides a creative, activity-based learning environment for your students.
An exciting resource for primary teachers
• Helps teachers develop an active learning environment where children create, explore and work on problem solving activities.
• Self regulated learning has been identified as an important part of the 21 st century learner’s skill base.
• Discovery Time is an exciting resource for use in primary schools.
• Activities to help busy elementary teachers cater for their student’s learning
• The Discovery Time book gives examples of completed lesson plans with explanatory notes to support the teacher.
• The Discovery Time book presents key competencies for learning in an achievable form.
• There are great educational classroom activities to launch busy teachers into the Discovery Time world
This wonderful book comes with a FREE CD full of activities, recipes and posters
Build a class climate where students flourish. This primary school resource is all you need to get started!
To find out more about Discovery Time – go to our website: www.discoverytime.co.nz